Seventh-seeded Drake was eliminated from tournament play with a 68-61 loss to second-seeded Creighton.
Drake closes out the regular season and conference tournament with a 17-15 overall record and a 10-10 record and third place regular season finish in the Missouri Valley.
Rayvonte Rice led the scoring for Drake and put up 15 points while snaring eight rebounds. The Bulldogs also got double figures from three additional players, including Kurt Alexander (14), Jordan Clarke (11), and Ben Simons (11).
The Bluejays got their top scoring out of a game high from Doug McDermott with 26 points while recording a double-double with 10 rebounds. After that, Antoine Young had 16 points, Gregory Echenique had 10, and Jahenns Manigat had eight.
- The top two scorers (Rayvonte Rice and Kurt Alexander) accounted for 47.5% of the points.
- Rayvonte Rice has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Drake has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 4 or fewer steals.
- Drake has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after committing 7 or more turnovers.
- Prior to this game, Drake played 5 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 1-4.
Creighton Game Notes:
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 25 times and in rebounding 19 times in 31 games this season.
- The top two rebounders (Doug McDermott and Gregory Echenique) accounted for 40.5% of the rebounds.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Grant Gibbs.
- Doug McDermott has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- Doug McDermott recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 19th of his career.
Check out the complete Games Notes